2018 Season Dates: April 2 -November 24
Season dates are subject to change depending on the weather
Minnesota state law prohibits mixing brush, tree or yard waste with your household garbage.
In select cities, ACE provides a convenient wheeled yard waste cart for customers on our seasonal yard waste program. The wheeled cart is similar to a standard refuse container but it features a green lid and labeling to identify it as yard waste only.You must be an ACE garbage customer to receive this service.
- Simply place the loose yard waste in the cart. Yard waste material should not over extend above the lid opening.
- Acceptable yard waste includes grass, leaves, brush/branches less than 6 inch diameter, and garden waste, including pumpkins.
- Not accepted - sod, dirt, tree stumps, rock, lumber, treated wood, straw
- Have items that won't fit in the cart? Any acceptable yard waste, such as branches, corn stalks, tall ornamental grasses, etc. should be cut in lengths no more than 4 feet long and bundled no more than 18 inches in diameter and placed next to cart at curb.
- Is your cart full? We accept up to 20 additional bags of yard waste in compostable bags weighing 30 lbs. Simply place the compostable bags next to the cart.
- Plastic bags are prohibited by state law and will not be accepted.
- To find retailers and identify the compostable logo to ensure bags are acceptable, visit www.bpiworld.org/BPI-Public/Program.html
- Service is automatically routed for weekly collection. To ensure collection, have the cart street side by 6:30 am on service day. Route times may vary due to high volume peaks.
- Customers with a yard waste cart are asked to keep the cart in the off season to avoid a delivery fee. They make a great storage container for garden hoses, sprinklers and other lawn care items!
- Seasonal Yard Waste Service is billed once annually for your convenience.
- Annual commitment is required.